The winter season is around the corner and many homeowners will start to encounter pest problems in their properties. Pests tend to look for warm temperature areas and there is no better place for them than your warm house. The pest issue can be avoided if homeowners take precautionary measures. Once pests penetrate the boundaries of your home, it becomes difficult to get rid of them and ultimately costs the homeowner money to eradicate the pest problem.
Here are the TOP 6 tips for you to avoid PEST PROBLEM:
- Block Entry Points: The best way to keep pests away is to block the entry points of pests. Properly seal and cover gaps and cracks in the attics, roof, pip lines, window screens, and doors. Take note of any holes or cracks you see in flooring or walls, fill them with caulking.
- Keep Kitchen Clean: Uncovered food items in the kitchen or trash attract pests especially pet food left outside. Keeping the kitchen clean and properly disposing of the garbage will prevent insects and it will cut their food supply.
- Keep Trash Clean/Covered: Empty garbage cans and take the trash out regularly, and make sure the lids on garbage cans are tightly sealed.
- Remove Garbage: Keep your house, backyard, and patio clutter and garbage-free.
- No Standing Water: Keep your yard/garden maintained by ensuring there are no water sources especially standing water for the pest. Poor sewage system results in a breeding ground for rodents, mosquitoes, and other pests.
- Sanitize Used Furniture: Make sure to thoroughly sanitize any used furniture, toys, or other items that you are bringing into the house. Never pick up used furniture off the street and bring it in your home as many of them have pests on them for being out in the open.
Contact ACCL Property Management for all of your property management needs.